1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 small bananas
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp veg oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
1. Set your oven to 350. Spray cupcake pan or loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In food processor (or by hand- I love any excuse to use my Food processor) blend banana and buttermilk until the banana is broken up. Let me tell you a little thing about buttermilk also..don't waste your money buying a whole carton of it. Measure out some milk to very close to 1/4 of a cup, then fill the rest with lemon juice and let it sit for a few minutes. Its the same thing.
3. Combine banana mix with eggs, veggie oil and vanilla. Fold the dry mix into the wet mix.
4. Scoop into muffin tins (or a loaf pan if you're too lazy for cupcakes) and bake for 20-25 mins.
I just keep checking and pressing them until they are done, and by pressing I mean I push it and if it springs back its ready..if it sinks in its not...so 20 minutes could be an exaggeration for cupcakes but when i did it in a loaf it took at least 30 min and when I checked it with a tooth pick it was still wet so i kept adding 5 min and checking on it it was done when it was golden and the top was split and cracked!
Cream Cheese Frosting:
6oz or 3/4 package cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 stick room temperature butter
2-4 cups powdered sugar
1. Combine cream cheese, vanilla and butter in mixer. Beat until creamy. Gradually add 2 cups powdered sugar. Add 2-3 more cups until the desired consistency is reached. (I did like 2 and a half).
Let me just tell you, this makes a lot of icing.. So..if you want you could double the cupcake recipe and do the same. Or just eat the extra icing..its so good.